Thursday, December 1, 2016

REVIEW: Vice by Callie Hart


Title: Vice 
Author: Callie Hart 
Synopsis: In war, there are only three rules. Obey orders. Protect the guy standing next to you. Stay alive. Cade Preston left the military a long time ago, but he has never ceased to live by the laws of combat. As vice president of the Widow Makers Motorcycle club, he’s been loyal. He’s fought tooth and nail to stay alive. He’s shed blood to save the lives of those who matter to him. And now he’s gone and done something he swore he would never do. He’s fallen for the one girl he can’t have. Cortina Villalobos is an untouchable. The daughter of one of Ecuador’s most notorious cartel leaders, she is beyond Cade’s reach in every way. Fernando Villalobos is a murderer and a madman. He will kill anyone who dares look twice at his daughter, and yet Cade can’t walk away. Will he disobey orders? Will he abandon his club? And will taking on the House of Wolves cost him his life?








The title of the book is tricky, that´s for sure. At first I thought I was going to get into a story where a motorcycle guy who has dark sexual vices meets his soulmate. But there is more than meets the eye. 
Vice is usually related with wickedness, immorality and depravation, and that is exactly what Callie Hart has portrayed in this dark and captivating story.  


The focus of the story is not only on the main characters, but on the huge role that secondary characters play in the development. I thrived to discover all of the dark secrets behind the apparent perfect façade of some characters. I was utterly hooked on the mysteries and darkness that was intertwined among the chapters. I literally devoured the book in one day, it was so good I couldn´t even fathom to put it down. I went to sleep with gritty eyes but relaxed after knowing what was behind all the mystery. 


As a Criminology student, this book totally talked with my inquisitive, dark and twisted mind. On the most dangerous and cringe worthy moments I felt joy because I understand evil. It was almost as if this book was made for me, and I absolutely adore it!



I only have praise and admiration for Callie Hart´s books since her narrative is so vivid and captivating. I absolutely and undoubtedly recommend Callie´s books. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...