Saturday, December 31, 2016

Marina's Best 2016 Reads



Hi Everyone :)

So it is time to hear about my best reads of this year. As a whole, I read some incredible books this year but quite a few of those were published in previous years. So unfortunately, they are not featured here. But the books that are, completely floored me with the inventiveness of the authors, the humour in some of them, the suspense, heartbreak and of course, romance. As there is no way I can pick a favorite or anything of the sort :D, the books are in completely random order :)

Still Air
Freya Barker

Freya Barker is one of my favorite authors. She has the uncanny ability to tear my hear to peaces, stitch it up and make me crave more. Still Air is an emotional roller coaster that left me with my heart wide open and my eyes puffy after the countless tears I shed for the characters. This is the story of a woman who's been irreparably broken and hides her demons even from the closest to her people. It is the story of a man who though his life was good, when it exploded in his face and left him to deal with the ruins. It is the story of two people, who are scared to open up to any one, two people who lived through their own brand of hell, two people that find solace, redemption and hope in each other. Two people that save each other.

The Silent Waters
Brittainy C Cherry

I am in love with Brittainy C Cherry's writing and the heartbreaking stories she shares. This book is another emotional roller coaster. Both characters have demons that are haunting their nights, and in Maggie's case also her days. Maggie and Brooks are meant to be together but their way is filled with pain and heartbreak. If you've read Brittainy C Cherry before, you know what I am talking about. And you know that you must read this book. If you are new to the author, this is the perfect place to start. The books in this series are complete standalones so it doesn't matter where you start. But you need to read them.

Amazon US | Amazon UK
Careless Whispers Series:
Denial**Demand**Surrender
Lisa Renee Jones

OK, I confess. I am cheating a little bit with this one :D But I simply couldn't pick just Demand (the only book from the series released this year). Each book compliments the rest and considering it is a trilogy, there was no way around it. This was my first experience with Lisa Renee Jones (yes, I know I have to read everything else she's ever written :D) and I was floored. This is probably one of the best romantic suspense series I've ever read. Every time I thought I had things figured out, I was thrown for a loop. From the very first page till the end of the third book (releases next year), my attention was completely focused on the characters and their story. And it doesn't hurt that Kayden is a walking wet dream, sex-on-a-stick or anything else you can think of for your next BBF ;)
Amazon US | Amazon UK

Dark Corners
A. M. Madden

Aaaaahhhhh, David Cavello!!! Here is another walking wet dream of a BBF! The book is intriguing and entertaining, heartbreaking and romantic, suspenseful and funny. There is something for everyone in it. And David is simply YUMMY!!! He is the type of guy that every woman dreams of. A gentleman when is in public. But the moment there are no eyes on him or he is in the privacy of his home, he becomes god in the bedroom and anywhere else you would like him to be ;) So if you are looking for a new BBF, you should definitely meet David :)

Amazon US | Amazon UK
Specimen
Shay Savage

This one is a little bit more on the Sci-Fi side of romance, but DAMN was it good. The story is incredibly intriguing and really makes you think. And it is written in such a clever way that you will be engrossed from the very beginning. And don't even try to put together all the puzzle pieces. No matter what you come up with, in the end you will be still thrown for a loop. This was definitely one of the most unexpected books I've ever read. And the romantic story between the main characters is simply incredible. I am so hoping Shay savage will more about these characters and their world next year :)
Amazon US | Amazon UK

Divine Desire
Audrey Carlan

This one is the newest addition to my top 10. I finished just a day ago but it was so much fun to read the there was no way I could skip adding it :D The story is not suspenseful and it is not going to tear your heart out but don't skip it because of that. It is fun and definitely hot to read (naked yoga everyone :D). It is romantic and of course it has just a pinch of heartbreak to make it that much better. I can promise you that the sexual tension and the bickering between Atlas and Mila will keep you entertained the whole time. but there are enough twists and turns to give you that extra something you crave ;)
Amazon US | Amazon UK

A Deadly Sin
Tracie Podger

Tracie Podger before has the uncanny ability to weave stories that will keep you up at night, wondering what happens next. And probably pay extra attention to the dark corners just to make sure that nothing unexpected is lurking there. Well, this story is exactly that. It will catch you from the very beginning and make your head spin until the very end. Probably even after that. And don't be surprised if you find yourself sleeping with one eye open ;) The plot is so unpredictable, that no matter what you think will happen, there is something else around the corner. And using the seven deadly sins as a backdrop in the story is simply genius.
Amazon US | Amazon UK

The Sins That Bind Us
Geneva Lee

If you are looking for an incredible and heartbreaking book to read, you are definitely at the right place. If you've read Geneva Lee before, keep in mind that this story is very different from her previous ones but it is still masterfully written. From the very first page I was captivated by the characters and their story. Their past is filled with pain and so much heartbreak that will make your heart weep.

Amazon US | Amazon UK
Sweet Cheeks
K. Bromberg

I loved the story, the writing, the characters. There was just something about it that pulled me in from the very start. It was funny and heartbreaking, romantic and HOT. And it doesn't hurt that Hayes is an eye candy :D But as a whole, this is an incredible story of second chances, forgiveness and realising what really matters in life.
Amazon US | Amazon US


The Wedding Pact
Katee Robert

I love Katee Robert and especially her O'Malley's Series. But there is just something about Carrigan and James that makes them my favorite of all the couples so far. The book is practically a modern Romeo and Juliet story but with a happy ending :) It is full of danger, suspense, romance and steaminess. Practically, you can't go wrong with it :D And it doesn't hurt that James is like a sex-on-a-stick with his hard body and whiskey smooth voice. What wouldn't I give to have a man like that whisper dirty things in my ear :D

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for including me in your best reads, I'm honoured :) - Tracie Podger

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...