Friday, March 28, 2014

Review: Tales of Ever


Title: Tales of Ever (Volumes 1-6) 
Author: Jen Wylie 
Synopsis: A few months ago, I was a normal girl. Life sucked, and just like everyone else, I took the simple things for granted. At least until I got this new power, a "gift" mom called it. Apparently, I'm a firestarter. I didn't want to be. I didn't ask to be. It would be cool if it wasn't so dangerous and I knew how to control it. When an uncle I'd never heard of showed up to take care of me after my mom died, I should have been grateful. As it turned out, my whole family isn't normal and more than a little bit crazy. I thought things couldn't get any worse. I was wrong. They banished me to Ever.
My Review:

Jen Wylie´s narrative style is magical. She is able to transport you to Ever through her wickedly detailed writing. She keeps doing what she does best, creating wonderful and unforgettable stories.

As always, her characters are a master piece, they are complex, believable and inspiring. The trio of characters is formed by a brave and powerful heroine (Misha), a loyal best friend who ends up being something more (Jadus), and a fearless and fierce protector (Shade). Misha is the nucleus of the group while the boys are focused on her.
The book is set in Ever, a dangerous fantasy world that works as a kind of character because of its importance along the story. Ever is a prison, not the typical world full of rainbows and happiness, everyone there has been condemned to an existence of fighting trying to survive the dangerous world. Usually people don´t survive for very long periods but Misha is lucky enough to meet  Jadus on her first day in Ever and they share and instant connection forming a bond of friendship.

I am so happy that Jen decided to compile all the volumes in one book because I know wouldn´t have been able to wait for the next one. At the end of every tale you are left wanting more because of the tension she creates. There are some huge cliffhangers between volumes that left speechless, I almost had a heart attack at the beginning of volume 3, I have to admit that I cried a lot in that part. She is able to turn everything around in a couple of lines. She uses tension and twists so perfectly, there are some books from other authors where you know what is going to happen because they are so predictable but Jen always leave me breathless. Every time I read one of her books is like riding a rollercoaster of emotions and full of surprises while reading them and when you finish the book you are left wanting more.
Jen creates addictive stories, and before reading Tales of Ever I was obsessed with her writing but now my obsession has definitely grown up to further levels.  So yes, Tales of Ever is a must read suitable for a wide range of people because it doesn´t matter how old or young you are. Jen Wylie´s Tales of Ever is going to cast a spell on you and you won´t be able to stop reading it.
I would love to read more about Ever, to get to know more about Jadus, Misha and Shade. I also think it would be awesome if she narrated other characters stories set in Ever since it is a big world and we are left with some unresolved questions at the end of the book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...