Thursday, October 31, 2013

REVIEW: Redemption

Synopsis: Reya Sinclair is a Redeemer of Souls. Her mission is to give Earth’s most depraved sinners a shot at redemption just before they are slated to die. Her own redemption is on the line as she fulfills her duties, leaving a trail of dead bodies in her wake. It’s all going perfectly well until one detective takes notice, possibly bringing her salvation to a halt. Thane Driscoll is a good cop who’s seen too many bad guys get away, including the man who murdered his father. He exacts his own style of justice, even if it costs him his humanity. A string of mysterious deaths leads him to a woman who’s not quite human and might hold the key to finding his father’s killer. When death and shadows descend, New York City becomes a battleground for the forces of light and dark. As the body count rises and sparks fly between them, Reya and Thane race to uncover a terrible truth. Can one man hell-bent on revenge and one woman determined to save her eternal soul be enough to keep the planet from spiraling into darkness?

I get this book through Netgalley and I must admit that at first, I requested it because of the beautiful cover it has. The New York background and Reya in the roof with the darkness falling from the sky fits perfectly with the story plot. But I have to say that I really requested it because of the synopsis. I love all the paranormal stuff and the idea of a redeemer of souls is really creative.

As I said, the story line is really original, I haven´t read anything like that before. I loved the book from the very beginning, when Reya first appears with her sassy and mysterious attitude, I liked her famous sentence “I´m here to tell you your sins.” She is mysterious, brave, adventurous, sexy and caring, and if I haven´t already bought my costume I would have disguised as Reya, maybe next Halloween. There are not many characters but they are all well developed. When I first met Thane I didn´t know if I was going to like him or not, I thought he was older than his age because of his personality, he is kind of grumpy.
I didn´t expect to be a sequel because for me the ending was really good. But I´m happy to read more about Thane and Reya.

Redemption is a fast- paced read, that will hook all the paronormal lovers from the very beginning. I would really recommend it.


Sinopsis: Reya Sinclair es Redentora de almas . Su misión es dar a los pecadores más depravados de la Tierra una oportunidad de redimirse justo antes de su muerte. Su propia redención está en el borde a la vez que cumple sus obligaciones, , dejando un rastro de cadáveres a su paso . Todo va perfectamente hasta que un detective se da cuenta , posiblemente llevando su salvación a su fin. Thane Driscoll es un buen policía que ha visto a demasiados malos escapar , entre ellos el hombre que asesinó a su padre. Él impone su propio estilo de justicia , incluso si le cuesta la humanidad. Una serie de misteriosas muertes le lleva a una mujer que no es muy humana y la cual podría ser la clave para encontrar al asesino de su padre. Cuando la muerte y las sombras descienden , la ciudad de Nueva York se convierte en un campo de batalla para las fuerzas de la luz y la oscuridad. A medida que aumenta el número de muertos y las chispas vuelan entre ellos , Reya y Thane están en una carrera para descubrir una terrible verdad . ¿Puede un hombre empeñado en la venganza y una mujer decidida a salvar su alma eterna ser suficiente para mantener el planeta de caer en una espiral hacia la oscuridad ?

Conseguí este libro a través Netgalley y debo admitir que al principio lo solicité por lo preciosa que es la portada. Nueva York de fondo y Reya agazapada en el techo de un edificio con la oscuridad que cae del cielo encaja perfectamente con el argumento de la historia . Pero tengo que decir que lo solicité por la sinopsis, me encanta todo lo paranormal y la idea de un redentor de  almas es realmente creativo.

Como he dicho, la línea de la historia es realmente original y es que no he leído nada parecido antes. Me encantó el libro desde el principio , cuando aparece Reya  con su actitud atrevida y misteriosa y me encantó  su famosa frase: " Estoy aquí para decirte tus pecados . " Ella es un misterio , valiente , aventurera , sexy y cariñosa . Y tengo que decir que  si no hubiera comprado ya mi traje me hubiera disfrazado de Reya , tal vez el próximo Halloween. No hay muchos personajes, pero todos ellos están bien desarrollados. Cuando conocí a Thane no sabía si me iba a gustar  o no , pensé que era más viejo que su edad debido a su personalidad y es que siempre parece estar de mal humor.

Redemption es una lectura de ritmo rápido, que enganchará a todos los amantes de lo paranormal desde el principio, que recomiendo leer encarecidamente.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...